Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
At SERVPRO of Cary / Morrisville / Apex we pride ourselves in being a committed and dependable partner in remediation and restoration. Walking back into your home or coming back into your building and finding evidence of broken pipes is a wrecking experience. Having to walk through the sopping floors can feel overwhelming.
Our Cary area SERVPRO team regularly addresses water damage throughout the city. We have the expertise and tools to help whatever size water damage or complication.
Residential and commercial properties in different corners of Cary, Raleigh, Apex, Morrisville, Holly Springs, Fuquay-Varina, New Hill and Wilbon are in good hands when they put our team in their corner.
Below are some tips about steps to take after suffering commercial or residential water damage.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (919) 615-1160
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.